Passengers are carried subject to the the provisions of the SA Passenger Transport Act 1994 and the conditions of carriage as outlined below.
Travel is issued by Stateliner (herein called the Company, and is accepted by the passenger subject to the following conditions.
- Baggage allowance – 2 items of personal luggage not exceeding 20 kilograms each carried free. If loading is available, excess baggage will be carried at the Company’s rates, otherwise it will be forwarded on the next available service or by means specified by the passenger.
- Passengers or members of the public must not reach into, climb into or in any way enter the luggage bin area of any coach or bus.
- The Company is not a common carrier and reserves the right to refuse to carry any passenger, baggage or goods.
- The company accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to baggage arising out of or in any way incidental to the service or accommodation. Whether such loss or damage may be due or alleged to be due to negligence or misconduct on the part of the Company, its servants or agents and otherwise howsoever.
- No conditions of carriage other than endorsed hereon or elsewhere on this ticket will be recognised. Verbal promises by booking agents or clerks will not be recognised.
- The Company will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise or be alleged to arise in the event of the cancellation of this service or the abandonment of the service during the course thereof (should the Company or its servants or agents decide that such abandonment is necessary) or any deviation or delay in service from any cause whatsoever, in any such event the Company will not in any way be liable for the cost for any accommodation other than that contemplated by the original service or any alternative means of travel which may arise any additional expense so arising shall be the liability of the passengers. The Company reserves the right to cancel this service or vary it in any way.
- The Company may arrange for any other person to undertake the service hereby contracted for or any part thereof and such person and his servants and agents shall be protected by and entitled to the benefits of these conditions to the same extent as the Company.
- The Company reserves the right, in the event of a ticket or a booking being cancelled by a passenger, to charge a cancellation fee. The Company’s scale of refunds will apply.
- A ticket entitles the passenger on a route service as distinct from a tour to transportation as indicated on the face hereof but not to meals or refreshments and accommodation which may be obtained en-route.
- To the extent that any provision herein is repugnant to the provisions of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 the same shall not apply.
- The expression “the Company” shall also include Stateliner, servants, agents and employees and any other person with whom the Company may have made arrangements as envisaged in Clause 6 hereof and his servants, agents and employees. The expression “person” shall include a firm or corporation and the singular shall include the plural and vice-versa and words importing any gender shall include any other gender.
- The ticket is valid for 12 months from date of issue subject to the fare value thereon and is not transferable.